Virtual First Light Info Session
"What is First Light Holiday Celebration? What does an online version of this community event entail? How is this an opportunity to showcase my business' events in a creative and innovative way? Can I win a waiver for a free host site?"
Attend the First Light Info Session to have all your burning questions answered, and learn about the innovative approach the Chamber is taking this year. Attendance to this event enters you into a raffle to win a free host business designation at the event, with a value of $50. Join Chamber Communications and Operations Manager Klara Kaufman to learn:
- How does it work virtually? The scope, brief history/context, and logistical details of an online First Light
- Behind-The-Scenes First Light website walk through: understand how patrons will navigate the virtual platform and map
- How can my business create an engaging virtual offering? Generate and hear ideas for potential programming
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Raffle to win a free host business designation at the event, retail value of $50
First Light Holiday Celebration is an annual community event with a long history! Last year, nearly 50 Brookline businesses opened their doors for an evening of free giveaways and events for the community to explore, assisted by programs and maps distributed by the Chamber of Commerce.
This year, join other shops, restaurants, and organizations for an evening of virtual fun. Register before October 1 to take advantage of the early bird price, $50 for Host businesses.
How Will It Work This Year?
On December 3rd, guests will use the First Light site, on the Chamber of Commerce website, to navigate an interactive map, to "visit" businesses. The website functions as a platform to access links that take the user directly to the businesses' websites, where they themselves host their offerings. The site will remain for one week, so your information will stay relevant after the initial festivities.
Just like in years past, it is up to your business' discretion to determine programming. Some possibilities might include: a live-streamed class, tour, or product demonstration, a panel on a topic of interest, a performance by local dancers or musicians, a do-it-from home craft activity, or special discount codes. We strongly recommend short repetitive programming, so participants can "pop in and out" as they did in person.
First Light is an easy way to spread the word about your services and products and draw people to your website. Register today for a $50 fee to "save your spot" -- no need to have all the details finalized until October 15th.
The final registration details are due on October 15th. You provide:
- Your business name and address
- A link to what you will offer, on your website, Facebook, or Instagram Live, a pre-recorded video, youtube, etc. with details
- A brief description including the start times of any programming
- A $50 participation fee